Home Page

Monday 6 April 2015

Chapter Fourteen
The Pirates

“Look at this Dolly” said David “It’s a new book I got from the library, and it amazing, it’s all about pirates and treasure and stuff, and it’s got lots and lots of pictures”
“Wow,” said Dolly “What is it called David?” 

“Treasure Island Dolly” he said, they both sat together on the settee and read page after page after page of the exciting book, “I know, “said Dolly “let’s play pirates David”
So the two of them got some old clothes and David fetched a black patch his Granddaddy wore because of his bad eye and put the end of a wire coat hanger up his sleeve

“You can be my captive Dolly, and I will take you to sea with me, to find the buried treasure.”
“You look just like Captain Hook, David,” said Dolly "quack quack . “
.
 They made a boat on the carpet, and used ores made from two broomsticks, David had a toy sword he had given him at Christmas, Dolly got a tea towel from the kitchen, “We can use this as the Jolly Roger” said Dolly “and we can call our ship the black duck”

 “Oh that’s good Dolly,” said David “and cried out loud Ho ho ho and now Dolly I am going to make you walk the plank.”
Oh please don’t make me walk the plank Captain” laughed Dolly,
“Well, you will have to tell me where the treasure is then “growled David.

 “Oh you are very good at being a pirate David” said Dolly with an admiring look in her eye, “But I promised I wouldn’t tell anyone about the treasure map, but I will tell you if you let me have a share of the treasure”

“David stroked his chin and said “Well we will have to see how much treasure there is first Dolly” She agreed and the two of them started to row “Heave Ho me hearties!” cried out David, just then his broom hit a vase on the table and knocked it off, landing right in the middle of their ship, there was water everywhere.

“Oh no “cried Dolly “Mummy will be very angry” just then hearing the crash Mummy came in “Dolly Ducktail what have you done now?”
“Were sorry Mummy “sobbed Dolly “But we broke your best vase, and there is water all over the floor.”

“Well we had better clean it all up before you father gets in Dolly, as it was a present from him.”

They cleaned up all the mess just in time before Dolly’s Daddy came home.

“Hello my sweet” he said to Dolly “and what have you two been up to today?”
“We played pirates Daddy.” said dolly.
“Well where’s the ship Dolly?” said Daddy
“It sank Daddy,” and Dolly and David rolled about the floor giggling.
“Quack quack quack . “  



No comments:

Post a Comment