Home Page

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Chapter Nine
A day in bed

I won't tell you again shouted Daisy to Dolly get up now or you will be late for school, but not a word came from Dolly, Daisy walked up the stairs to Dolly’s bedroom, what is it Dolly are you not well? Poor Dolly sniffed no Mummy I don’t feel very well at all, well we had better get the doctor to you, she tucked Dolly in and plumped up her pillows, he will make you better darling.

Later that afternoon the doctors arrived, he had a good look at Dolly and felt her pulse Mmm he said now then Dolly I am going to take your temperature, will it hurt asked Dolly? No of course not Dolly the doctor said, all you need to do is to put this little tube under your tongue, the doctor looked at the thermometer, as I thought you are running a temperature you will have to stay in bed until it goes down.

The doctor explained to Daisy what he had told Dolly and that she should take her temperature each day until it goes down, give her lots to drink and keep her warm. The next morning Mummy took Dolly her breakfast up to her, how are you this morning Darling? I feel so much better Mummy said Dolly.

Well I have made your favourite breakfast lovely hot buttered crumpets and warm tea, now you eat this all up Dolly and I will be up a little to take your temperature, thank you Mummy said Dolly and as I am feeling better can David come and visit me please? Well, we will see if your temperature goes down if it does then David can come and visit quack quack quack said Dolly.

Dolly finished her crumpets and popped a couple of sugar lumps into her tea; soon Daisy was back, how was your breakfast Dolly? Lovely thank you mummy, Mummy sat on the corner of the bed and said open wide Dolly I need to take your temperature, oh dear she said it is still very high no visit from David today you had better have another day in bed darling.

The next day was the same Mummy brought Dolly’s breakfast and a little later came up to measure her temperature, its still very  high Dolly, another day in bed for you and sorry but I don’t think it’s a very good idea if David comes to see you until your temperature comes down

On the fourth day Mummy came up before Dolly had finished in fact she was just stirring her tea, Dolly what are you using to stir your tea with? Oh this little glass tube Mummy it's just right, oh Dolly you have been using my thermometer to stir your hot tea with, quack quack

No wonder your temperature is always high, she laughed so much she had to hold her tummy, and dolly was stuffing the corner of the pillow into her mouth to stop her from laughing so much, I will take it again after it cools down, she came back in an hour and this time Dolly’s temperature was normal, well I think its safe for David to come now darling, Dolly smiled to herself and thought “I can't wait to tell David how silly I have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment